Transcripts come in multiple forms and fall under one of two general categories: official and unofficial. Please note, the Dean’s Office is not able to print or forward any type of academic record (official or unofficial).

Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts are photocopies of your official transcript. 

If you need an unofficial academic record, go to the Student Information System (SIS); choose the “Academics” tab and click on the link for Yale Degree Audit. There, you can print out an academic record.

Official Transcripts

Official transcripts are only issued by the Office of the Registrar

  • Current students and alumni with an active Yale NetID order by signing in through Student Information Systems (SIS).
  • Alumni and former students without an active Yale NetID order directly through the National Student Clearinghouse
    Note: If you do not order through SIS, you must print and return a signed and dated consent form to the Clearinghouse via fax or mail. An order-specific consent form is generated as part of the ordering process.